Tuesday, January 18, 2011

More Michigan Recruits Going To New Schools

Dallas Crawford, a one time strong Michigan commit is now going to Miami next year.  That makes two recruits Al Golden has taken from Michigan's 2011 class in about 3 days.

Kris Frost, one of the best athletes in this class and rated 5 stars by Rivals changed his mind last minute during the Army All American week and is now heading to Auburn.  Kris was a silent commit to the Wolverines and could have played WR or LB for Michigan. 

I really liked Dallas and thought he would be a good corner, but it seems the new Michigan staff likes taller corners and Michigan is on on some pretty high profile guys.  So his loss can be made up.  Kris Frost loves Michigan, has freaking Michigan posters up in his room.  He picked Auburn right now because Michigan can't seem to get out of it's own way lately.  I think he is a special athlete and would of been a great LB at Michigan.   Big Loss, no question about it.  

Coming Back Home? 

There are some rumors that Marell Evans who left the Michigan program in 2009 might be back with the team soon.  Marell was a Hybrid LB type and was in competition for the starting role when he left due to concerns about playing time.  Here is what he said:    “Me and coach Rod are on good terms,” linebacker Marell Evans told the Free Press tonight. “It was more than playing time or academics or anything like that. It was a lot of things. Coach Rod is a great coach and I wish him plenty of success. I wanted to finish my career a different way.”“He’s a great man and I respect the man,” said Evans, a junior from Richmond, Va. “He wanted me to think about this decision and said I’m a big part of the program. But I respectfully wanted to leave the program.”

I'm not sure what year he will be if and when he re-joins the Wolverines.

No comments:

Post a Comment