Saturday, January 1, 2011

...Gas Prices

I remember when I got my 1st car and I was exited. I drove to school everyday about 12 miles one way. Then for no reason at all gas prices just shot up! I though t$2.50 was a lot back in 2006, now I would kill for that price again. In this post $2 a gallon gas world, the new "norm", we are yet again looking at surging oil prices! What was a mere $50 barrel of oil this Summer is fast approaching $100 a barrel, closing at $91.38 a barrel to end the year. I heard if we continue on our path, by we I mean the world, we would have $5 a gallon gas by Labor Day 2012, but now I am hearing that gas could reach $4 a gallon by this Summer in many states. This is crazy! I am already pissed and it has not even happened yet! It is not so much America causing this problem, can we say Asia? China alone bought more cars than us this year, I am sure GM is happy about that, but not the consumers of oil, even if they do not know it yet. I will be pissed for them. India is starting to consume more oil as well, and our dollar is not what it used to be... So many factors go into this. Gas prices are already around $3.09 a gallon, a dollar more would add an extra $750 a year to your gas bill, but that is based on a person driving 12,000 miles per year. It is time that we all complain and get this problem solved. Forget about 2010, forget about the spill in the gulf coast, stuff happens. Must we remember about the $147 a barrel oil in 2008 that drove us crazy? Can you imagine $200+ for that same barrel? I am giving this news 2 Digits Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment